Request a Captel Phone at No Cost:
Colorado residents may qualify for a CapTel phone at no cost through the Colorado Communications Technology Program (formerly known as the Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program).
- Go to Colorado Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing website
- or call toll-free 855-767-6128.
The CTP will walk you through the necessary steps to receive the equipment that is best suited for YOU!
For more information about the CTP, click here.
Third Party Certificate
Per recent FCC regulations, individuals with hearing loss may receive an Internet-based CapTel phone at no cost if they complete and submit a Third Party Certification of Eligibility. The Third-Party Certification must be signed by a hearing health professional who confirms that the person applying has a hearing loss and would benefit from IP-based Captioned Telephone Service in order to communicate effectively over the phone.
- Third Party Certification only applies to CapTel models that are Internet-based
(CapTel 840i, CapTel 880i and CapTel 2400i)
- Third Party Certification cannot be used for CapTel models that do not have an
(CapTel 840, CapTel 800 and CapTel 200)
Download the Third Party Certification Form
- Download & print the Third Party Certification Form
- Have the form signed and dated by a hearing professional
such as an audiologist or specialized doctor
- Send the completed certification form to:
608-238-3008 (Fax) Register@CapTel.com (Email)
Colorado residents who do not qualify for the EDP or Third Party Certificate may purchase the CapTel phone at the reduced price of $75.00.
Click here to order your CapTel phone.